We’re looking for a Data Platform Engineer to design and implement core components of our data platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world. In this role you will lead these vital initiatives.
We expect you to work collaboratively with the data science and analytics teams to ship scalable software solutions. Your work takes into consideration the holistic user experience from mobile to data science driven loan decision. You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology. You help set the standards and drive your teammates’ productivity.
- Develop and deploy platforms, services, abstractions, and frameworks that enable Data Science to iterate and launch data models into production
- Design and implement database and storage solutions that fit the needs for both data transaction and reporting
- Mentor engineers, data scientists, and analysts on best practices and code efficiency
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python)
- Strong database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Strong familiarity AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB)
- Experience with Hadoop data and underlying file systems (HDFS, HBase, Cassandra, Hive)
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is changing the way credit scoring and financial services work around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.