We’re looking for a financial analyst who is deeply passionate about building complex financial models. This role will be a key asset in the future growth of the company. This individual will be spearheading the Company’s financial quarterly forecast, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making. The direct reports to this role include two Financial Analysts. The position reports to the Controller.
- Build and maintain the Tala’s corporate financial model (operating and revenue) used for long-term planning, strategic initiatives, and valuations
- Sophisticated what-if financial and operational modeling - know how to create and work within existing complex models. Help us understand our business and opportunities in different countries
- Support the development of the annual operating plan, periodic re-forecasts and long-term outlooks for various operational departments.
- Responsible for complex global analysis and preparation of operating and financial results for the business
- Responsible for actual/forecast/budget operating performance and reporting results for the total company and at the business unit level
- Provide to the corporate finance team all complex analytics necessary to better understand the operating expenses
- Analyze and provide recommendations on wide array of ad-hoc analysis ranging in scope and complexity to support the business and financial decisions, including operating expenses deep dive analysis
- Responsible for actual/forecast/budget operating performance and reporting results for all the business
- Maintain global dashboards/key objective reporting
- Any Other Duties as Assigned
- BS/BA in accounting or finance
- Experience building complex financial models, preferably in the financial sector
- 3+ years in Banking, Management Consulting and/or Corporate finance / operational FP&A at either a high-growth tech startup or an established technology company
- Extraordinary Excel / financial modeling skills. Best practices are second-nature, you can handle complexity but strive for simplicity
- Experience in Data Visualization tools, preferably Looker
- Collaborative and able to communicate effectively across different departments
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience working in Investment Banking
- Deeply analytical and a problem solver
- Possess true grit, the ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Ability to multi-task, work with multiple teams, and multiple requests
- Self-starter and ability to prioritize workload
- Knowledge or passion for social enterprise
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is working to deliver financial access, choice and control to underserved people around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Additionally, Tala’s work has been highlighted by the New York Times, the Financial Times, the Wall Street Journal, TED, and Wired, among others.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.