job descriptionAs a Pre-Sales Engineer at Zest, you will support all sales efforts as the customer’s primary point of contact for all technical questions and inquiries. Working closely with Engagement Managers, Sales Executives, and other technical teams, you will act as a trusted advisor and SME for the customer on the ZestFinance product line, competitors, and alternative solutions. In this customer-facing role you will play a key part in driving a ZestFinance enterprise deal from prospect to customer with a successful implementation.
Specifically, you will:
- Present ZestFinance service offerings and value proposition to prospective customers, both technical executives and business executives
- Support and organize technical responses to RFPs and pre-sales technical questions, and help influence the creation of new RFPs whenever possible
- Conduct detailed technical workshops with customers to define the architecture and plan product implementations, working closely with Zest’s Engagement managers to map the planned solution
- Support the sales team with technical product knowledge and objection handling in customer meetings, and feed this information back to Product Marketing for the creation and refinement of sales enablement tools for future deals
- Prepare sales materials including demos, presentations, whitepapers, implementation guides, product documentation, etc. as needed to win business.
- Educate customers about the latest machine learning technologies and how they can be applied to their business, including how they can be integrated with existing enterprise systems
- Partner with and effectively communicate client needs to solutions engineering, product and engineering/data science teams to deliver winning solutions that solve customer problems
- BA/BS degree in a technical discipline (stats, math, CS, etc) followed by 5+ years of hands-on customer facing experience with a demonstrable record of increased responsibility
- Experience working for an enterprise software or B2B SaaS company
- Ability to do light coding, storyboarding, mockups, diagrams, and to contribute to the development of customer facing demos/architecture diagrams/project plans in partnership with engineering/product management
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Proactive mentoring mindset, with a passion for helping others succeed, and discovering scalable ways to repeat customer successes companywide
- Ambitious and goal oriented
- Eager & willing to travel
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive salary and equity grants
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.