job descriptionProduct Managers at ZestFinance own products and services that drive substantial business results across the company. Using analytical thinking, a strong dose of creativity and by working with the company’s world-class teams of engineers, data scientists and business analysts, product managers drive the product roadmap from strategy to execution through a rapid, test and learn approach that generates real impact.
In this role you will:
- Define and manage the product roadmap executing on current priorities while planning future strategy
- Managing the delivery of high quality features on-time
- Work in an agile software development environment with a tech lead and engineering team in order to develop and launch features into production
- Communicate information about the roadmap and projects “up” and “down”
- Gather, analyze and report key metrics on product performance, launch timelines, and team productivity
- Quickly respond to critical issues, roadblocks and shifting priorities
- Understanding the underbanked / alternative financial services market and competitive landscape
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business or similar fields
- 7+ years of experience as a product manager team lead in the software field for web, ecommerce, or media companies
- Strong organizational skills with a track record of delivering products on-time
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written, with ability to influence at all levels and in various departments; a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Experience designing web products along with a solid understanding of web technology
- Ability to distill requirements from multiple stakeholders into a single feature set
- Deep knowledge of the product development life-cycle; experience running agile teams a plus
- Experience with facilitating prioritization discussions across product backlogs
- Results oriented, highly self-motivated, and quick-to-learn personality
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive salary and equity grants
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.