job descriptionAs a Software Engineer, you will use your broad web development skills -- ideally including Rails, MySQL, and Cloud Computing -- to develop applications and systems that enable our business to provide fair, transparent credit alternatives to underbanked Americans.
Successful candidates are individuals who thrive in flat team structures where everyone works on everything, and everyone is encouraged to contribute ideas across all levels of the organization. You should prefer pairing with other developers while working in short iteration cycles to develop and release features weekly. You should desire to work in a fast moving and adaptive start-up environment but not expect the crazy schedules and below market compensation normally associated with a start-up. As our name implies, we work with a great deal of enthusiasm and energy along with a social conscience and passion for leveraging data and technology to transform financial services as we know it.
In this role you will:
- Design, scope, and implement new systems and features -- from processing financial transactions, to aggregating data on customers, to analyzing metrics and loan performance information
- Work with Product Management, Marketing, and Business to define features, priorities and timelines
- Help us to continue to improve on our commitment to the Agile principles, focusing on test-driven development, pairing and continuous process improvement
We are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or comprehension of core CS principles
- 2+ years of experience designing and developing high transactional web applications
- Skilled in at least one OO programming language, ideally Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially the ability to explain complex technical subjects to a non-technical audience
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.