In this client facing position, you will help accelerate the sales cycle by bringing your technical acumen to bear when engaging with new, potential customers. You will lead efforts to help enterprise customers install and use the ZestFinance product line in production so that they capture the power and benefits of ML/AI to meaningfully impact their business.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with customers to help them understand technical aspects of our Machine Learning Underwriting product line and help chart a detailed and practical path to implementation that customers will buy
- Provide frontline technical expertise in sales presentations, product demonstrations and system installations
- Build up a deep expertise of competitor and incumbent solutions and use that knowledge to credibly educate the customer and successfully traverse sales challenges
- Interact directly with customer technical teams including: risk modeling, compliance, IT, and executives including Chief Risk Officer, Chief Compliance Officer, and Chief Information Officer.
- Resolve high-profile critical issues, improve the client experience and drive initiatives that increase the customer’s likelihood of success with our products
- Interact with product managers to provide feedback and input into business requirements for future products and releases, enhancements, or customized solutions
- Help the customer execute the implementation path, including performing customizations, writing the glue code, database queries, etc. required to get the platform installed and operational, in collaboration with engineering teams
- Assist Sales team as technical lead to identify and expand additional revenue opportunities
- Maintain and demonstrate the highest quality of Solutions Engineering disciplines that result in satisfied clients and repeat business
- BS degree in CS, Math, Statistics or other quantitative field followed by 5+ years of engineering experience, at least 2 of which were in a customer-facing, consultative role
- Excellent presentation skills, with experience pitching to both business and technical audiences
- Demonstrable customer relationship and people skills, with strong verbal/written communication skills
- Experience working in complex enterprise sales cycles with multiple influencers and decision makers
- Proven track record developing creative solutions that were instrumental in sales success
- Proactive mentoring mindset, with a passion for helping others succeed, and discovering scalable ways to repeat customer successes companywide
- Expertise in R, Ruby, UNIX/Linux, and common enterprise technology stacks such as: Fusion Middleware, SAS, or FIS
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively
Perks and benefits:
- People – the best part of Zest
- Competitive salary and equity grants
- Robust healthcare plans, matching 401K and unlimited vacation time
- Dog friendly office with lounge areas, video games and gigantic jigsaw puzzles
- On-site gym with employee run fitness classes
- Generous family leave policy (6 month maternity leave/3 month paternity leave)
- Tuition reimbursement, conference allowance and Zest talks
- Complimentary massages, manicures, pedicures and more
- Daily catered lunches from LA’s best restaurants and fully stocked kitchen
ZestFinance, Inc. applies its unique credit-decisioning technology platform — based on data science and machine learning — to help lenders effectively predict credit risk so they can increase revenues, reduce risk and ensure compliance. ZestFinance was founded in 2009 by Douglas Merrill and a team of former Google employees with the mission of making fair and transparent credit available to everyone.
We are committed to diversity in hiring, professional development, and everyday discussion. Zest is determined to hire crazy smart people who are different from each other to create broad thinking, lots of different ideas, and by extension, the best team possible.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.