Tala’s mission is to improve the financial lives of millions of people in developing markets by creating new, accessible financial services that are most relevant to their needs.
We’re looking for a technical product manager who’s ready to define and deliver new solutions for cool technical problems that will advance our vision. You’ll be joining a growing team and working closely with the engineering, data science, analytics, accounting, customer experience, and credit portfolio teams.
- Understand the technical problems the business faces; prioritize and productize identified needs into solutions and tools integral to our operations, and technical infrastructure to enable scale and innovation
- Lead cross-functional teams, including engineering and data science teammates from thoughtful ideation to frequent deployment via tools of the trade: Agile scrum, A/B testing, usability studies, acceptance testing / validation
- Collaboratively define and progress product strategy within the company: champion product decisions, prioritize projects, and allocate resources
- Technical - you love new technology and understand the science underneath
- Empathetic - you care deeply about users and strive to understand them
- Detail-oriented - you have a keen eye and mind for the most minute details
- Translator - you have experience working closely with cross-functional teams and users to translate requirements into product
- Analytical - you can tackle new unstructured problems, bringing data to the conversation
- Organized - you effectively manage multiple priorities while maintaining high quality
- Comfortable with ambiguity - you can handle the ambiguities of product strategy within a startup environment and prioritize accordingly
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics, or Science
- 4+ years experience as product manager for data, infrastructure, and/or technical product
- Experience working with engineering teams on daily basis
- Experience with agile methodologies
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience with data science and machine learning
- Experience in tracking mobile apps with Amplitude or other analytics products
- Background in consumer finance, or products servicing users in different geographies and/or spanning timezones
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Advanced degree
Tala is a mobile technology and data science company that is changing the way credit scoring and financial services work around the world. Tala’s smartphone app instantly evaluates customers for credit using only the data on their devices and delivers customized loans in minutes.
Tala, formerly known as InVenture, is backed by IVP, Ribbit Capital, Lowercase Capital, Data Collective, Collaborative Fund and other leading venture and impact investors. In 2016, Fast Company ranked Tala, formerly known as InVenture, as one of its top 10 companies in Money, and Forbes named Tala as one of the top 50 FinTech companies in the world. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi and Manila.
No recruiters please. Only qualified applicants may contact this job poster.